Thu, 22 Feb 2001 00:00:34 -0800

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:46:10
 Joseph Riggs wrote:
>At any rate, from what I've heard from others who are more knowledgeable, Cuba
>and the Philippines actually ended up better off due to their status as
>'liberated colonies'

"Better off?" hmm, that is questionable, and if we were liberated, they should have loosened their iron grip. Im not an American hater (see I write in English thanks to them), but the idea of putting it into history that we were "liberated" is inaccurate at best. We can all understand that that was a time when the air still smelled of Feudalism and Colonialism. The US of A back then was just like all the other conquering countries. But a liberator? Maybe in WW2.

---
Abet
"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"
Come on over to the ALTERNATIVE SIDE at