Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:25:32 -0500

There are fansubs out there. ;-)

Anyways, I saw GX and I enjoyed it, quite a bit. The one thing that got me
though, was that, watching through the latter portions of the series, it
really is brought to a quick ending. I wish they had finished it up for a
video release or something, it left me with a sort of "rushed" feel.

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan Alberto B. Mercado" <juanalberto.m@lycos.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 2:05 AM
Subject: [gundam] what to like about GX

> I've seen the whole GX TV series in Japanese. TO date I haven't seen any
fansubs (hold your horses, this is just an observation) unlike other Gundam
shows. This show is probably one of the more underrated Gundams, so I'm here
to tell everyone here just how cool it is:

> 1. The GX Rocks: I mean take a look at it. That Satellite cannon could've
blasted the Zeon to kingdom come.

> 2.Garoad Ran - He is one of the least mentioned main characters. I think
he's cool because he grows up in the series. (Okay, the next sentence has
something to do with Wing, but please...I mean no harm) Unlike in Gundam
Wing, the characters are basically static. They go through change, but it's
either too sudden (like Wu Fei) or too long (like Heero). Garoad is a kid,
but by the end of the show he turns out to be a man, more or less and he
cracks me up.

> 3. The Frost Brothers - These two probably represents Char and Zechs from
the other shows. They're conniving and you don't know when they'll show up.
Also, that tag team fighting is great.

> 4. Newtypes - OK, so this isn't the way we all remember UC Newtypes, but
the psychic power and Newtype-exclusive hardware is cool, especially since
Garoad is not a Newtype and he always has to fight against overwhelming
odds.

> 5. Adventure - Like in Leiji Matsumoto anime this is more an adventure
story rather than a war story, which I think is a nice twist for Gundam.
Roaming around everywhere, being chased, or chasing something, that is
just...fun (OK, we have this in Gundam OYW too, but then that is war...)

http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html