Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:05:49 -0800

I've seen the whole GX TV series in Japanese. TO date I haven't seen any fansubs (hold your horses, this is just an observation) unlike other Gundam shows. This show is probably one of the more underrated Gundams, so I'm here to tell everyone here just how cool it is:

1. The GX Rocks: I mean take a look at it. That Satellite cannon could've blasted the Zeon to kingdom come.

2.Garoad Ran - He is one of the least mentioned main characters. I think he's cool because he grows up in the series. (Okay, the next sentence has something to do with Wing, but please...I mean no harm) Unlike in Gundam Wing, the characters are basically static. They go through change, but it's either too sudden (like Wu Fei) or too long (like Heero). Garoad is a kid, but by the end of the show he turns out to be a man, more or less and he cracks me up.

3. The Frost Brothers - These two probably represents Char and Zechs from the other shows. They're conniving and you don't know when they'll show up. Also, that tag team fighting is great.

4. Newtypes - OK, so this isn't the way we all remember UC Newtypes, but the psychic power and Newtype-exclusive hardware is cool, especially since Garoad is not a Newtype and he always has to fight against overwhelming odds.

5. Adventure - Like in Leiji Matsumoto anime this is more an adventure story rather than a war story, which I think is a nice twist for Gundam. Roaming around everywhere, being chased, or chasing something, that is just...fun (OK, we have this in Gundam OYW too, but then that is war...)

Damn my hands are tired, I'll think up some more tomorrow...

---
Abet
"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"
Come on over to the ALTERNATIVE SIDE at