Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:47:30 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: Gundam EZEight <rx_79g_ez_8@yahoo.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: February 21, 2001 4:29:55 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [gundam] MORE08 MS musings (inconsistencies)

>i know i know...

>lessee...
>the rx-79[g] project started alongside the rx-78-2
>(right?) and the GM's you see in 08th MS team are
>supposedly the prototype versions of the other GM.

No, the RX-79[G]s were built from what luna titanium parts they had in
Jaburo because of the need to hav an effective ground combat MS as quickly
as possible. The GM[G]s are test types for a mass production ground type GM
design that was never approved since the ordinaary GM's filled this role
quite efectively.

>and i think the name Gundam is generic. so...

Partly since almost every Fed MS for about 10 years after has the name
Gundam on it (GM = Gundam Mass-produced)

>don't take me on this. i might be wrong.
--- "Juan Alberto B. Mercado"
<juanalberto.m@lycos.com> wrote:
> I've watched the whole series again and I was again
> reminded of its timeline inconsistencies. I'm sure
> you guys already answered this (Iprobably wasn't
> here then) so I'l ask again.
>
> When Shiro rescued Sanders it was about the same
> time White Based snuffed Garma and that was also the
> time when Giren made his speech on TV. A few days
> later(I think) Shiro and the team sortied the
> rx-79G, already called Gundam. I noticed this when
> Sanders busted a Zaku telling himself "So this is
> the power of a Gundam..." Its just weird because at
> this time only Fed brasses knew of project V and the
> name Gundam (along with Char and a few Zeon). So
> what gives? If the Gundam was some sort of
> prototype, how did they make so many of 'em (RX&(G
> was not exclusively for 08MS Team, but I saw other
> teams using them as well) And why was Sanders flying
> a GM in space, when according to the original
> series, the GM wouldn't come along until some time
> in the middle of the war (when Char invaded Jabrow)
>
> --
> Abet
> "Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"
> Come on over to the ALTERNATIVE SIDE at
> http://www.geocities.com/char_xxph
>

> Get your small business started at Lycos Small
> Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

http://gundam.aeug.org/

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.