Dr. Core (core@pojo.com)
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:19:13 +0100

Franz Co wrote:
>Now questions for the doc and Nightingale, since your hosting a fan fic and
>will soon host Richies, are you ging to put up a fan sectin where this stuff
>as well as pics, etc. can be placed?

We have had tons of ppl offering to write fanfics, I've always reply "send them
in!" but so far I had only 2 _completed_ submission, they were, you guessed
it, Richie's Wing yaoi. We had about 4 other submissions, Echo of War is
stuck at the introduction chapter, two others are also just the opening scenes,
the last one is so poorly written that I don't ever plan to put it
on. Maybe I
should require all fanfic writers to get an SAT of >300 or something. I think
NA received exactly one fan art submission, which I posted on Pojo's Gundm
Web. I was also talking to a guy who was enthusiastic about doing some
designs for NA, but nothing came out of it.

I am always ready to open a fanfic or fanart section, but with the rate
submissions are coming in, I'd have to wait about 10 years before I get enough
to justify a seperate section. I've basically realized that most people
who are
capable of decent writing or drawing are already a webmaster, so why send
his/er own creations to another webmaster?

Since I am on this horse already, we all have a tendency to spend too much
time on GML or RAAM, but neglect to put something presentable together on
a website (ours or others). A huge amount of GML traffic is about similar
topics
with the same type of info and opinions being repeated over and over again.

For example, right now I am wasting time explaining myself rather than fixing
up Richie's fan fic.

Dr. Core
Brain Surgeon/Rocket Scientist
Newtype Asylum