Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:05:41 +1100

At 01:31 PM 2/20/01 +0800, you wrote:

>>*smacks zhou tai an on the head*
>
>Hey. ^_^
>
>>you never came across danguard ace?
>
>No, and my excuse it - IT'S NOT IN SUPER ROBOT WARS! ^_^
>
>>the show with characters taken straight out of yamato
>>and the 500 feet tall, 5000 ton bot that transforms
>>into a flyer which should fly like a brick but
>>doesn't? (er ok, that's a lousy ad for danguard, but
>>hey, i don't get paid for it, hehe)
>
>Doesn't exactly make me want to watch it, no. ^_^
>
>>danguard ace, 56 ep (i think), produced by toei, and
>>was adopted as part of the "force five" anime package
>>(jim terry something, off the top of my head) that
>>also featured starvengers (getta robo g), gaiking,
>>grandizer, and spacekeeters (starzingers, another
>>matsumoto work...which i actually severely
>>dislike...). it ran from mondays to fridays, one show
>>a day.

Actually, I'm familiar with Danguard Ace from some issues of the old Marvel
"Shogun Warriors" comic, which featured Danguard Ace, Brave Rydeen and
Combattra V teamed together. Not that I expect that to have any relevance
whatsoever to the anime.

Andrew Dynon

Watt-Evans' Law of Literary Creation: There is no idea so stupid or
hackneyed that a sufficiently-talented writer can't get a good story out of
it.

Feist's Corollary: There is no idea so brilliant or original that a
sufficiently-untalented writer can't screw it up.

Morrison's Corollary: There is no idea that a sufficiently-talented writer
has made into a good story that can't become annoying in the sequels.

Holliday's Corollary: There is no plot so stunningly original that a
journalist can't make it sound hackneyed.