Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:20:38 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "Juan Alberto B. Mercado" <juanalberto.m@lycos.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: February 21, 2001 12:10:51 AM GMT
Subject: [gundam] MORE08 MS musings (inconsistencies)

>I've watched the whole series again and I was again reminded of >its
timeline inconsistencies. I'm sure you guys already >answered this
(Iprobably wasn't here then) so I'l ask again.

>When Shiro rescued Sanders it was about the same time White >Based snuffed
Garma and that was also the time when Giren made >his speech on TV. A few
days later(I think) Shiro and the team >sortied the rx-79G, already called
Gundam. I noticed this when >Sanders busted a Zaku telling himself "So this
is the power of >a Gundam..." Its just weird because at this time only Fed
>brasses knew of project V and the name Gundam (along with Char >and a few
Zeon). So what gives? If the Gundam was some sort of >prototype, how did
they make so many of 'em (RX&(G was not >exclusively for 08MS Team, but I
saw other teams using them as >well) And why was Sanders flying a GM in
space, when according >to the original series, the GM wouldn't come along
until some >time in the middle of the war (when Char invaded Jabrow)

The Ground Types are supposedlytest units rushed into production (about only
20 or so) in response to the Zion ground offensive. The RGM-79[G] is
supposedly the first test type (pre-mass production) GM, the design was
stripped down for massed production as the RGM-79A and then reintroduced as
the RGM-79C type after the war. The existence of these MS during said time
period are a vindication of Amuro's statement that they (White Base) were
only a decoy and that the Feds already had other weapons ready for use.

Also, these people (Sanders, Amada) were in test battalions, probably the
only battalions where wherein knowledge of Fed MS and the Gundam was made
known. Notice that Shiro wsn't kicked out for his actions and that a lot of
weird charaters are kept in these battalions. Just shows that they want to
keep knowldge that these weapons exist thats why they tolerate these people
in these battalions instead of just kicking them out.
>--
>Abet
>"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"
Come on over to the ALTERNATIVE SIDE at
http://www.geocities.com/char_xxph

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html

Shop through Barnes and Nobles
help me earn cash too.