Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:00:20 +0800 (SGT)

>Yeah, been wondering about its lack of presence in the Banpresto game
>series. Not only that, but Danguard's presence has been minimal on the toy
>front compared to Gaiking and others. Maybe Matsumoto has a tight leash on
>his creations.

Strange. Maybe because it's too big? ^_^

>This came up before. Gundam still comes up as a Super Robot and so do some
>of its supposed Real Robot followers like Dougram and Dunbine. The RX-78-2
>still is the strongest piloted robot in its universe that can kick the butt
>of other robots there.

Yes, but I needed to link the topic back to Gundam. ^_^ And Amuro's success
is STILL due to his ability as well.

>Anyone correct me, but the first real break from that formula might be
>Armored Trooper Votoms - where the true power of the Scopedog is really in
>the skill of Chirico Cuevre. He even customizes one that only emulates and
>not surpasses his Red Shoulder opponents in the series.

You mean his mecha is actually standard-issue and NOT an experimental
prototype? That's not possible - it wouldn't sell. ^_^ I'd like to hear more
about this...

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)