Franz G Co (darkholy@saintly.com)
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:47:03 -0500 (EST)

------Original Message------
From: "Juan Alberto B. Mercado" <juanalberto.m@lycos.com>
To: gundam@aeug.org
Sent: February 19, 2001 11:30:55 PM GMT
Subject: RE: Economics, formerly Re: [gundam] Next PG

>I think this was the idea in the first place. The idea of a >single "Earth
Federation" is to me the abolition of "NAtions" >as sovereign units of
government. Though maybe in its infancy >each nation could've preserved
their culture and supported a >single group of colonists. In reality though,
it will probably >take some devastating war for even the idea of a single
Earth >Government to even be considered.

My idea of the Federation is more like an extreme version of the UN. The
word federation alone means that individual countries still have some
sovereignity.

You're right though, the earth must have gone through a major crisis(though
not exactly a war) for this to happen.