garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:07:59 -0800 (PST)

hrm...the difference between captain mask (danguard
ace) and the tomino masked men of gundam was that the
masked men of gundam wanted to actively conceal their
identities, while captain mask's, er, mask was an
unwanted tool to control his identity (amnesia, if i
recall) at the start (which eventually did lead to
active concealment of identity, which made up the crux
of the father-son angst...which makes danguard ace one
of the more outstanding and most definitely underrated
super robot series in existence -- forget voltes v,
danguard has voltes v outgunned in lots of ways :P)

although i do believe that maybe gundam has exhausted
the cliche of masked men. just how feasible is a
masked man in the military forces anyway? then
again, i suppose i prefer the masks to the horrid
fashion statements of ZZ gundam though. ah, the 80's.

:P

-garr

http://gundam.aeug.org/