Matt, defender of stuff that is pretty cool! (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:19:48 -0500

just wondering what the general consensus was on the list regarding
so-called "transforming" model kits. I just spent about 15 minutes trying to
get a VF-19 kai to go from gerwalk to jet mode, with pieces falling
everywhere and things not connecting right. I have trouble with my MG Zeta,
as well, as a Gundam it doesn't pose very well, and as the wave rider it uh,
pretty much collapses on itself.

What I don't get is, what's the big deal? They make these toys that
transform - I've got a VF-19 that I took apart and painted piece by piece,
and managed to reassemble it and it still works. Why not just make the
"transforming" kits of higher quality plastics and more flexible joints, but
more expensive?

Any thoughts?

Matt "Not Quite Better than Zen" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/