Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:43:49 +0800 (SGT)

>We've seen how certain mindsets can affect how people view what's happening.
>Question: how does this translate into the gundam world? We know that
>Gundam has no real good guy or bad guy, but is there an point of judgment
>that we can use as a baseline when saying that someone did something wrong
>in Gundam? I mean, Amuro isn't all sweetness and light, and Char isn't just
>all that either.
>
>Comments?

Not possible. ^_^ All ethics are relative. What one person considers right,
another can easily consider wrong. It all depends on personal viewpoint,
culture, experiences and a whole host of other viewpoints. For instance
(using one of my favorite examples) we consider killing wrong, right? And it
is, most of the time.

Now take a planet in which the aliens there have evolved in such a way that
killing is needed, necessary, lauded even. Strange? I think not. Maybe their
civilization just became like that. As I said before, too many factors to
consider.

However, I think what we CAN do is see where popular opinion takes us...do
more people condemn Amuro or Char? How many people think the Zions are
heartless killers? Majority votes, so to speak. ^_^

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)