Fuller, Bill (bill.fuller@eds.com)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:54:35 -0500

Sorta of a funny side to this, well, at least part of it.
A little while ago my friend suffered some minor depression, and he surfed
the net to see what he could do about it.
Of the many articles he read, apparently sleep-deprivation can help people
that are depressed.
So, he stayed up real late, got almost no sleep, and felt really great the
next day.
Odd isn't it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Hetherington [mailto:p_chan5@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 16 February, 2001 15:10
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam][OT] Insomnia

Maybe you're just worked up over something. Stress can inhinbit sleep. When
my girlfriend broke up with me I couldn't sleep at all. I've found that
excercise helps a bundle.

In a psychology course I'm taking we just studied sleep, so i'll share some
of the notes I took:

-Drink milk or milk products because they contain the animo acid tryptophan
(whatever the hell that means, no one bothered to ask so the professor
didn't explain)

-Learn to associate going to bed only with sleep not with reading, watching
television, or thinking (that was my problem, I would think about the stress

I was under and I couldn't sleep)

-Decrease your intake of caffiene and nicotine before going to bed.

-Progressivly relax you muscles and take deep breaths

-Depression, anxiety or medical problems can cause insomnia, treating these
underlying problems may also relieve your insomnia.