Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:47:49 +0800

> > AND TO TIE IT UP WITH GUNDAM!
> >
> > The problem, I suppose, with the Federation and the Colonies was
precisely
> > that. The need for control (in whatever form of government) of the
> > resources of the colonies, without giving thought to all the
> "intangibles".
> > In a way, I think that one big root of the gundam wars was really about
> > economics and resources.
> Bloody hell Richie. That's the first time I've ever seen someone take an
OT
> and bring it perfectly right back into the topic of discussion without any
> stretching. Much kudos to you dude, that's wicked impressive. Not to
mention
> the fact that it's a pretty good point and I agree with it. ;-)

Thanks.

Further question: What would have been considered the ultimate
resource/tradeable goods? I know that Oil, gold, even herbs and spices were
considered tradeables. What would it be in the Gundam timeline? teh same
old ones? or would it move on to Hydrogen (larg amounts), or rare earth
metlas, or would it be something else? am not so knowledgable about tech
and culture in this sort of interaction...