Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:12:35 +0800

> what the hell are you? a commie?
> if the US had stayed in a while longer, Vietnam would
> not be lost to the commies. if Johnson (?) had NOT
> carpet bombed Vietnam but instead give sometime
> figuring out guerilla warfare, the US would have won,
> and Vietnam will be truly independent. what i see in
> vietnam right now is scary: everyone wants to be
> foreign. everyone thinks korean things are better than
> vietnamese things. i don't blame them really, because
> the things the vietnamese can make are crap mainly due
> to the fact that commies are in control.
> no form of government is truly perfect, but democracy
> is the best form of government right now. i certainly
> don't want commies running this country.

Ahem. Vietnam would be independent in the farthest sense of the word. When
your country gave us our independence (such an arrogant way of doing
things), they made sure that they had trade priority, as well as making sure
that most of the political leaders were in their pocket. They even had a
say on our internal affairs. In other words, we became the Little Brown
Brothers. Now, I don't know about Vietnam, but from my country's historical
point of view, what you said is very much repugnant.

AND TO TIE IT UP WITH GUNDAM!

The problem, I suppose, with the Federation and the Colonies was precisely
that. The need for control (in whatever form of government) of the
resources of the colonies, without giving thought to all the "intangibles".
In a way, I think that one big root of the gundam wars was really about
economics and resources.