-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:31:33 -0800

> Did you know that off hand, or did you look it up?

Both. I knew the difference between ivory and ivy and what the term "Ivy
League" meant and to which schools it applied, but I looked up the exact
meanings in order to get the actual scientific name for ivy (Hedera helix) and
to get the dates that the terms ivy, Ivy League and Ivy Leaguer entered the
language.

No matter how much you know, it's always a good idea to research and verify
prior to posting. The few times that I've gotten in trouble have been the ones
where I didn't follow this rule.

-Z-