Charlie Hetherington (p_chan5@hotmail.com)
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 07:41:49 -0600

If China ever started to mobilize its army it would be quite formidable.
Take a look at these numbers (pulled from the World Fact Book,
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/):
These are numbers of men available for the grinder:

Military Availibility: 363,050,980
Manpower fit for service: 199,178,361
Manpower-reaching military age (18) anually: 10,839,039

Now let's look at the U.S.(only becuase it is where I live):
Availability: 70,502,691
Fit for service: 2,056,762
reaching military age (18) anually: no data given

That's kinda scary if you ask me. It could be argued that with all of the
technology the U.S. has we wouldn't have to worry about a war of attrition.
But, we sold our rocket plans to the Chinese didn't we? Eep!

-Charlie