PCruz@ixl.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:14:22 -0500

Thanks Gus. I'll check it out tomorrow. If not, then I might have to stick
with Tamiya paint. No complaints with Tamiya but I do want to compare as
some people say that Mr. Color or Mr. Aqueous paint is better than Tamiya.
Thanks again

-----Original Message-----
From: Gus Jae [mailto:gusjae@rcn.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 5:11 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Where to get cheap$$ gundams...

> Do you know where in Chinatown I can pick up Gunze Sangyo paints? I kinda
> like tamiya but I hear Gunze Sangyo Mr. Color, Mr. Surfacer, etc are much
> better.

Don't know if they still have it, but try the place to the left of "The
Wonton Garden" noodel shop, I think the place is called Wah Khoo...
something like that. Can't remeber the spelling. There kits are higher
priced than other shops, but I am 95% sure that they are the only ones that
carries paint in that area. They might only have Testors left.

There is, however, another place that carries lots of model buliding stuff
(no gundams). I found it last time I was in NYC:
America's Hobby Center
146 West 22 Street, New York, NY 10011
http://www.ahc1931.com

I didn't stay long to compair prices, but they seem to have all the stuff
you need for kit building.

And of course, there is alway Pearls on Cannel St.

Gus