Charlie Hetherington (p_chan5@hotmail.com)
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:13:32 -0600

During my very boring first hour American Government class I started to
wonder how many people on the GML speak Japanese. There always seems to be a
couple of posts every once in awhile where someone gets something out of a
Japanese mag (Dengenki Hobby, Hobby Japan, etc.) and shares it with the rest
of the list, meaning that some people out there have some sort of
understanding of the Japanese language. I just wanted to know who out there
among us can speak/read Japanese.

I've been studying Japanese for about a year now. I can read and write in
hiragana and katakana and I know a few kanji. That's about the extent of my
Japanese language skills.

-Charlie