Char Aznable (charaznable@excite.com)
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:43:40 -0800 (PST)


though this sounds nice, I don't think this is a good idea. there is a
proper time and place for everything and I think this one just doesn't go in
the list.

I'm not a list moderator here but I would suggest, being a list moderator in
another list, that if you wish to preach you can e-mail people one by one
instead of going through the mailing list, which I'm sure a lot of people
won't appreciate.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:42:29, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>
>
> Dear Friend,
>
> I kindly request you to spend a few moments of your time reading this
letter because it just might be possible that this letter will open before
you a new dimension of your role as a human being in this universe. We hope
that you are a free thinking, broadminded, and prejudice-free human being
whose goal is to find the truth. Before we continue, let us state to you the
purpose of this letter- that this is an introduction and invitation to the
way of life known as Islam.
>
> SOME FACTS
> Islam has approximately 1 billion followers known as Muslims who follow
the final revelation to mankind, known as the "Qur'an", revealed to Prophet
Muhammad about 1400 years ago. Contrary to the common misconception, only
about 20% of all Muslims are Arabs, the rest are Indians, Indonesians,
Bosnians and so on.
>
> WHAT IS ISLAM
> Islam, unlike most other religions, is not named after any man. Instead
Islam means the submission of one's will to the only true god worthy of
worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim". The word also
implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the
will of Allah. Islam is the religion that was given to Adam, the first man
and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets
sent by Allah to mankind like Jesus and Moses.
>
> THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM
> The most important message of Islam is the absolute Unity of God-that
there is only One Supreme Being who has no partners and is not dependent on
anyone or anything. He is the creator of everything and the whole universe
is under His control. Since the total submission of one's will to Allah
represents the essence of worship, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and
the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than
Allah. In essence, Islam calls man away from the worship of creation and
invites him to worship only its Creator. Allah is the only one deserving
man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. Hence
prayers to the non-living such as the sun, fire, and to humans whether they
be Jesus, Moses or even Muhammad are rejected, as Allah informs us in the
opening chapter of the Qur'an, known as Soorah Al-Faatihah, verse 4:
> "You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help."
> A Muslim believes that Allah and His creation are distinctly different
entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation
Him or a part of Him. Ultimately, it is the belief that the essence of Allah
is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in
some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the
worship of creation. Islam, hence, is a clear call to the worship of the
Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form.
>
> THE MIRACLE OF QUR'AN
> "And if you are in doubt as to what We [Allah] have revealed…then produce
a Soorah (chapter) like thereunto"(Soorah Baqarah 2:23)
> This was the challenge put forth by Allah in the Qur'an 1400 years ago.
As of yet, none has or will ever come close to meeting this challenge.
Hence, as a result, multitudes throughout the centuries have believed and
continue to believe in the Qur'an as a revelation beyond any human capacity.
Modern scientists, for instance, have been amazed by the accuracy of
scientific information presented in the Qur'an. Here are just a few
examples:
> In his book of embryology-'The Developing Human' [W.B. Saunders
Publishing, 1982], Dr. Keith Moore added a whole chapter to discuss the
scientific accuracy of the Quranic discussion of this science. Another
eminent scientist, Dr. Maurice Bucaille wrote in his book-'The Bible, the
Qur'an and Science':
> "I could not find a single error in the Qur'an…if a man was the author of
the Qur'an how could he have written facts in the 7th century A.D. that
today are shown to be in keeping with modern scientific knowledge"
> Facts about astronomy, the animal world and other natural phenomenon,
that were alien to modern science not long ago, are scattered among the
messages of Allah's Unity and His Attributes throughout the miracle that is
known as al-Qur'an.
>
> WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHER RELIGIONS
> There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in
the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to
Allah. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are
correct? The method by which the answer can be found is to clear away the
superficial differences in the teachings of the various religions, and
identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or
indirectly. False religions all have in common one basic concept concerning
Allah: they either claim that all human beings are gods or that specific
individuals were Allah or that nature is Allah or that Allah is a figment of
man's imagination. For example, Prophet Jesus invited his followers to
worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to
worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah while Jesus himself would deny
this as Allah says in the Qur'an:
> "And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men,
Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah; He [Jesus] will say-"Glory
to You I could never say what I had no right (to say')" (Soorah Al-Maa'idah-
5:116)
> Even though false religions might teach some good things, they all,
however, teach the greatest evil- the worship of creation. Creation-worship
is the greatest sin that man can commit because it contradicts the very
purpose of his creation, which is the worship of Allah as explained in the
following verses:
> "Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He
may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes" (Soorah An-
Nisaa 4:48 and 116)
> "I have only created Jinns and men, that they may worship me" (Soorah
Zaareeyaat 51:56)
>
> WHY SHOULD I BE A MUSLIM
> Since the consequences of false religion are so grave, the true religion
of Allah must be universally understandable and attainable, not confined to
any people, place or time. Within the central principle of Islam and in its
definition, lies the roots of lslam's universality. Whenever man comes to
the realization that Allah is one and distinct from His creation, and
submits himself to Allah, he becomes a Muslim and is eligible for paradise.
This is the essence and the corner-stone of Islam:
> "Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god worthy of worship except Allah)
>
> Its repetition and the sincere belief in it automatically brings one
within the fold of Islam and guarantees one Paradise. Thus, the final
prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: there is no
god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise." (Reported
by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).
>
> THE BOTTOM-LINE
> Islam is the universal message of Allah to mankind, and Muhammad is the
final and last messenger of Allah. Allah will not accept any other way of
life as He Himself asserts:
> "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God)
never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)
> Please consider Islam as the only savior from all of society's evils and
most importantly the savior from hell-fire and make the most important
choice of your life. Please submit yourself to the Will of Allah before it
is too late. I thank you for your time. May Allah guide all of us to the
truth.
>
> For more information and reserach, goto:
> www.themodernreligion.com
> www.islam-online.net
> www.geocities.com/kotoyef3
> www.catstevens.com
>
> Yours,
> Gary Miller
>
>
> -
> Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/

_______________________________________________________
Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

-
Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/



This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Thu Feb 15 2001 - 16:43:58 JST