garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:11:14 -0800 (PST)

all these UC elitist bullshit. enough already...

i think i speak for wing fans here when i say: take
that attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine.

you really have a lot of balls to tell people what to
like, and not express what they like, don't you?
sheesh. you have that attitude among the gundam
fandom that i fervently hope is in the minority. you
may hate wing, and you're free to do so, but let
others express their like for wing. this is, after
all, a generic gundam mailing list (it's THE gundam
mailing list for anything gundam, for that matter).
for anyone to be this intolerant (and even
condescending of people who like anything related to
gundam wing at all...like model kits), they must be
lacking in maturity and taking gundam way too
seriously. get a life, then you'll see how ridiculous
all this UC-AC squabbling is.

i personally like the mercurious and vayeatte designs,
as well as the virgo, leo, maganac mechs. if bandai
were to come out with master grades of those, i'd
probably raise my eyebrow, wonder at their seemingly
nonsensical marketing decision, wonder if they were
smoking pot (like maybe they were for coming up with
the zeong design) and probably buy the kits anyway
anyway.

as it is, i'm pretty disappointed that bandai didn't
come out with 1/100 of mercurius and vayeatte. fie on
me! fear and ridicule me for liking the mercurious
and vayeatte! crucify me! burn me on the stake! stomp
me! (sarcasm alert for the sarcasm impaired...)

well, feel free to look down on me and people who have
a liking for wing mechs. see if we care. the only
thing we can say is that we pity you for your
self-righteous UC attitude and that you're missing a
lot.

when wing zero pg was announced, a lot of us in the
local groupie were quite disappointed and stumped by
the decision. but we just shrugged and moved on with
our own modelling projects -- let those who love wing
zero custom enjoy the perfect grade.

fed went ahead and bought one, assembled it and showed
it to us, and we ooh-ed and aaah-ed over it anyway,
just because it was really the wing zero pg -- and fed
used to dislike gundam wing. i personally still hate
that feathery sissy looking incarnation of a gundam
(with oh so phallic buster rifles at that), but who am
i to tell fed not to buy and enjoy his perfect grade
wing zero?

char hates gundam wing with a passion. we disagree a
lot when we talk about wing in the local mailing
lists. he thinks it's a UC rip-off, while me and
richie think it's a brilliant repackaging of UC. but
none of us think lowly of each other for liking or
disliking wing.
bottom line -- be more considerate of other fans in
the gundam community. you may not like wing, but quit
the elitist attitude and stop telling people what to
like and what not to like.

and, yes, now that fed has mentioned...in retrospect
(remembering the local modelling contests here), the
silent populace (don't know if it's majority or
minority) of wing fans who are male and very good
modellers are very much in existence.

have a nice day.

-garr the grouch

ps. i take great exception to saying that master
grades and perfect grades should remain exclusive to
UC gundam (disregarding your oversight of perfect
grade eva and master grade dunbine, for the moment).
i'm still very much into sacrificing headless chickens
to the god of the bottomless pit (i.e. my stomach) for
a perfect grade strike valkyrie (hint hint hint for
the benefit of any bandai
informants/researchers/marketers/gerbils/etc lurking
on the list)

http://gundam.aeug.org/