Dom Tetreault (keiichido@hotmail.com)
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:35:15

>From: Andrew Dynon <ajdynon@students.latrobe.edu.au>
>To: gundam@aeug.org
>Subject: [gundam] Turn A Gundam ep. 1-4
>Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:46:57 +1100
>
>Just got my hands on a subbed version of the first four eps of Turn A
>Gundam - I liked it, even though it was fairly slow. Yoko Kanno's music is
>wonderful, rivalling Wing for my favourite musical score. An I am one of
>the crazy people who actually LIKE the Turn A's design.

Hmm, then we're both crazy. I saw 1-4 last week and didn't see anything
wrong with it, the mustache doesn't scream 'Hey, look, I'm a mustache!' It
looks like it should be there, which I thought was nice. =) Didn't care for
the Moon mecha, though, they looked like they were gonna fall over when they
ran. (The militia should have tried Empire Strikes Back tactics.)

BTW, if you want another nice Kanno score, try the Brain Power'd OSTs.
Especially the Ark songs. Very stirring. =)

>1. What is the translation of the OP lyrics? The fansub I borrowed didn't
>translate them.

I think the one I saw did, but I'll see if I can hunt it down anyways, the
wife is always nagging me to find anime lyrics so I'm used to it. =P

>(Minor Spoilers ahead for the first four eps)

>/

>/

>!
>

>The Heim sisters seem to have some aspects of Relena about them (Kiel her
>noble side, and Soshie her habit of stalking Gundam pilots (Relena: Heero,
>Soshie: Loran). [Okay, this one's a bit tenuous, but I'd say it's there]

Kiel was noble? I thought she was a bit on the weasel-ish side, didn't like
her much at all.

>And of course, there's the "bishounen Gundam pilot" element.

Glen and Loran yaoi? Yech. =P (My fansub alternated between Rolan and Loran,
the subber just couldn't quite seem to decide.)

Incidentally, anyone know where I can find pics of Miashei and the 'air
force' crew (and their planes)? I can't seem to turn up any sites that have
Turn-A pics at all. =(

- dom