Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:46:57 +1100

Just got my hands on a subbed version of the first four eps of Turn A
Gundam - I liked it, even though it was fairly slow. Yoko Kanno's music is
wonderful, rivalling Wing for my favourite musical score. An I am one of
the crazy people who actually LIKE the Turn A's design.

A couple of questions/observations:

1. What is the translation of the OP lyrics? The fansub I borrowed didn't
translate them.

(Minor Spoilers ahead for the first four eps)

/

/

!

2. A while ago, it was mentioned that some of the MS designs were
influenced by G and X, but there was little Wing influence (because most of
the MS in Wing were destroyed). However, it looks like some of the major
CHARACTERS have been influenced by Wing. Loran definitely reminds me of
Quatre (he's not identical, but his voice sounds almost exactly the same as
Quatre's, and his "Everyone, the Earth is a wonderful place!" struck me as
very Quatre-ish.

The Heim sisters seem to have some aspects of Relena about them (Kiel her
noble side, and Soshie her habit of stalking Gundam pilots (Relena: Heero,
Soshie: Loran). [Okay, this one's a bit tenuous, but I'd say it's there]

And of course, there's the "bishounen Gundam pilot" element.

Andrew Dynon

Watt-Evans' Law of Literary Creation: There is no idea so stupid or
hackneyed that a sufficiently-talented writer can't get a good story out of
it.

Feist's Corollary: There is no idea so brilliant or original that a
sufficiently-untalented writer can't screw it up.

Morrison's Corollary: There is no idea that a sufficiently-talented writer
has made into a good story that can't become annoying in the sequels.

Holliday's Corollary: There is no plot so stunningly original that a
journalist can't make it sound hackneyed.