Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:44:31 -0800

Hobbitmastr@aol.com wrote:

> > Bandai is supposed to show their new Heavy Gear line as well.
>
> You mean models based on the Dream Pod 9 game?

Actually, models based on the upcoming show based on the DP9 game.
=P
In brief, its supposed to be about a Southern dueling team (the good
guys) that regularly goes up against their Northern opponents (the bad
guys) in arena matches on the dueling circuit. I think the most recent
release of the Dueler's Handbook for Heavy Gear had some info on the main
characters in the series, and sad to say it, some of the Northerners look
like they're going to be caricatured villians.
*grumble*
Actually, what I'm really curious about is if religion will work its way
into it. Anyone familiar with the setting knows how important religion
is to the North, and I don't recall if any of the characters had
religious beliefs in their write-ups.

We'll see how it works out.

junior