-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:54:03 -0800

> > Does anyone know where I can buy the Gundam 0080 VCD set(other than ebay)?
> >
> www.animenation.com
>
> -dave, webmaster
> http://www.gundam-junkyard.net

Don't count on it -- AnimeNation has a bad habit of listing items it doesn't
actually have.

On 2 January, I ordered the following from them:

Escaflowne Movie OST VICL-60590
Escaflowne Movie Single 'Yubiwa' VIDL-30497
Dirty Pair Flash: Angels in Trouble DVD DDF/001
Gundam Wing: The Movie 'Endless Waltz' DVD - Preorder Now! 10427
Sol Bianca The Legacy 1 DVD 'Lost Treasures' PIDA-2361V
Sol Bianca The Legacy 2 DVD 'Separation' PIDA-2362V
Sol Bianca The Legacy 3 DVD 'Going Home' - Preorder Now! 10340

A week later, I received Sol Bianca The Legacy 2 and nothing else. The other
items, all listed as being IN STOCK at the time that I ordered them, went Back
Order. I've heard nothing from them since and, in fact, had just sent them a
nastygram about it a minute or so before this message turned up in my inbox.

I expect I'll be canceling my order and looking for these items somewhere else.
I've seen this behavior with vendors before, most notably with an outfit called
Anime Frontier, who listed everything they'd ever heard about in their catalog,
but could only deliver on a tiny fraction of it. They're gone now and I expect
AnimeNation won't last much longer.

I certainly can't recommend them to anyone and don't plan to order from them
again. I'm going to try and get what I ordered from them, but if they give me
the slightest bit of hassle over it I'll cancel and take my business elsewhere.

-Z-