Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:12:24 +0800 (SGT)

>true, but there is a South East Asian network called AXN that shows subbed
>anime and I think their subs aren't that good. sometimes they show a long
>sentence for just a split second (their timing is just the worst, fansubs
>are like a hundred times better) and if you've seen the same anime series
>subbed by others, you'd notice the translation is different sometimes (I
>can't say which is more accurate since I only know like 5 Japanese words
>^_^)

Just to clear something up - the subs are not just inaccurate, they are
TOTALLY WRONG in most cases. Don't follow them at all. I have friends who
don't speak Japanese who tell me the subs are wrong - how bad can you get?

As for the general issue of subs vs dubs, I have nothing to say. ^_^ Why?
Because this is THE bone of contention among anime fans, and if I've learned
one thing, is that you shouldn't start or participate in a subs vs dubs
debate without some good reasons, points, or both. I have the latter
aplenty, but I'm not going to get embroiled in another long
discussion...I'll just say that both sides have their views, and both views
are valid in their own ways. Me? I say subs all the way.

Zhou Tai An (kain@pacific.net.sg)