Ricky Lai (x-lai@uchicago.edu)
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:12:59 -0800

Now that you've provided an analysis from that point of view, Plu suddenly
appears much more amicable... until her reckless piloting of one of finest units
around swings right back into my mind. In any case, I must agree with you that
she is a cut above many other characters in ZZ -- and even a couple from Z. But
as to whether the latter part of ZZ is superior to that of Z, I really can't say
for sure. I appreciate the story of Z better, but at the same time ZZ is the
real series that contains the army I rally for -- Axis/Neo Zeon. Which is why I
am caught right in between...

"Dr. Core" wrote:

> AHEM! Call me a minority if you will, but I happen to like Plu, A LOT. She
> has a soul, which is more then I can say about a lot of ZZ (even many Z)
> characters. Plu and Leina (Judoh's sister) double-handedly rescued ZZ from
> a mindless comedy to a pretty decent series. Personally I would rate the
> second half of ZZ above the second half of Z, and it's mostly thanks to Plu.

Absolutely agree with the final statement of this paragraph!

> Yes, when Plu first come on the scene, I was groaning in pain, how many
> more wackos do I have to endure? But she totally grew on me the same
> way it grew on Judoh. Just like the real world, sometimes these mental
> cases are much more human than "normal" people.

Simply because her story has a Cinderella touch to it. There is so much beauty
in her tragedy.

> I really don't know why Four, who is soulless, draws so much more
> sympahy then Plu.
>
> (actually I know exactly why, but let's not get there)

Okay......