Dr. Core (core@pojo.com)
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 22:10:49 +0100

Gus Jae wrote:
>I knew about the LM Ball, but what is the "LG" kit of the ball that was
>mentioned on the original message?
>Was it just a typo?
>Was there ever a Garage kit of the ball?
>Omotai wrote:
> > It's on Newtype Asylum, which gives a description of the Ball models under
> > LM Ball in the Modelphiles section.

Ok this is getting out of hand. In NA-lingo, LG just mean the original model
series from 1980-1983. When I say a kit is LG, it means either it's from that
series, or that it has the same technical qualtiy as that series.

Very strictly speaking, MSV (1983-85?) are already non-LG as they are
marginally superior. But loosely speaking, anything without polycaps and
require a lot of painting might be called LG.

It's strictly NA-quirkiness. In the above case, I was discussing the LG Ball
kit which comes with a 1/250 and a 1/144 Ball (0079 of course). As far as
I know, the LG Ball was the first injection Ball, the LM Ball was the second
and last injected Ball (so far).

I wish they had come up with more Balls: Ball-booster, Missile Ball, Recon
Ball, Heavy Ball, Ball Interceptor, Ball Tank, Ball Marines, Ball Darth Vader
Custom. Sigh, Balls don't get no respect in Gundam.

Hmm... what's Haro's favority MS?

Dr. Core
Brain Surgeon/Rocket Scientist
Newtype Asylum