Double-Z (zzgundam@home.com)
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 01:06:53 -0800

I too preferred the 2nd Season of Transformers to the first. It had a
darker attitude than the Optimus years and more of an edge. I'm also
one of the few that actually preferred Rodimus Prime to Optimus Prime.
I really like the whole idea of some hot-shot, carefree, young "teen"
who was had to grow up fast when he was suddenly given the
responsibility of leading his people against their dreaded enemy. The
second season also contained what I think had the best animated episode
in all of American TV, "Call of the Primitives." Anyone know if Toei
was the one that animated this episode? It had a totally different look
to it than the average Transformers episodes. The characters were much
sleeker and looked a lot better, especially Abominus.

Peter