Hobbitmastr@aol.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:48:58 EST

May I advance a notion here? What if, and this is a big what if, we do
discover FTL travel before alien species do? We get into outer space maybe
2000 years from now. We find some other species in our interstellar travels
that were as primitive as we were. What would we do? Enslave them? Guide
them? Leave them alone? Read 3001, the last installment of the Space Oddysey
series by Arthur Clarke, and you'll see that it is possible for Humans to be
more advanced than other races.