-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:41:47 -0800

> >And do you or anyone has spare Gladiators? (the dude with fists
> >instead of guns/missile pods, it's very confusing, I think they are called
> >Spartan in Macrosspeak?)
>
> Yup. Those are Gladiators in Robotech, but Spartans in Macross. To
> confuse things further, those guys with missile drums for arms are known as
> Spartans in Robotech, and IIRC as Phalanx in Macross.

Here's the BatteTech/Macross/Robotech mecha scorecard:

BattleTech Macross Robotech
--------------------- -------------------------------- ---------------------
-
ARC-2R Archer = MBR-07 Spartan Mk II Destroid = MBR-07 Gladiator Mk
II
CDR-3R Crusader = VF-1J Valkyrie Armored Battloid
MDR-3R Marauder = Glaugg Command Combat Pod = Officer Battle Pod
OST-9C Ostroc Mk II = Regault Artillery Combat Pod = Heavy Artillery Pod
PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk = VF-1S Super Valkyrie Battloid
PHX-HK2 Phoenix Hawk = LAM VF-1S Super Valkyrie GERWALK
RFL-3N Rifleman = ADR-04 Defender Mk X Destroid = ADR-04 Raidar-X Mk X
STG-3R Stinger = VF-1A Valkyrie Battloid
STG-A5 Stinger LAM = VF-1A Valkyrie GERWALK
WHM-6R Warhammer = MBR-04 Tomahawk Mk VI Destroid = MBR-04 Excalibur Mk
VI
VLK-QA Valkyrie = VF-1J Valkyrie Battloid
WSP-105 Wasp = VF-1S Valkyrie Battloid
WSP-105 Wasp LAM = VF-1S Valkyrie GERWALK

The Macross Spartan becomes Robotech Gladiator and the BattleTech Archer, the
Defender becomes the Raidar-X and Rifleman and the Tomahawk becomes the
Excalibur and Warhammer.

And, as noted, the Macross SDR-04 Phalanx Mk XII became the Robotech Spartan Mk
XII, which has no corresponding BattleTech mech.

-Z-