BlazeEagle (blazeeagle@charter.net)
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:54:29 -0500

From: "Richie Ramos" <gaijin@i-manila.com.ph>
> Not so much narrow-minded, but more like an aspect of technology never
> developed in that world -- that for interstellar travel.

There's my ponit. Interstellar travel has not been developed in the Gundam
world. Hasn't been developed doesn't mean not possibe. Interstellar travel
seems possible in the Gundam world. A safe contained/self sufficient colony
could be equipped with a space travel drive to travel through space. They
have a made of particle in Gundam already, why not create another
believeable theroy for intersteller travel?

Just because something has aliens in it DOES NOT mean the human interaction
is gone. While there is human alien interaction in shows like Babylon 5,
Star Trek, Earth Final Conflict, etc., there's still plenty of human
interaction. Besides, the aliens could have enough human aspects to them to
make the interaction work fine. Human alien interaction can exist right
along side human humam interaction.

A time travel mecha show would be neat. I don't know why some here seem to
think introducing aliens to Gundam is akin to a sin, as one, aliens are part
of human culture for thousands of years, even if they may or may not be
total fiction and second, the aliens could be introduced in such a way that
it takes human interaction to even begin to understand them. Maybe only
NewTypes would be evolved enough to understand these aliens? The word alien
means:

 http://www.yourdictionary.com

    alien[1,adjective] alien[2,noun] alien[3,transitive verb]

Main Entry: 1alien
Pronunciation: 'A-lE-&n, 'Al-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin alienus, from
alius
Date: 14th century
1 a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : STRANGE b :
relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government :
FOREIGN
2 : differing in nature or character typically to the point of
incompatibility
synonym see EXTRINSIC
- alien.ly adverb
- alien.ness /-lE-&n-n&s, -y&n-n&s/ noun

Main Entry: 2alien
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : a person of another family, race, or nation
2 : a foreign-born resident who has not been naturalized and is still a
subject or citizen of a foreign country; broadly : a foreign-born citizen
3 : EXTRATERRESTRIAL

So, Alien doesn't have to mean strange creature from another world. The moon
race from Turn A could be considered both aliens and extraterrestrial, ppyou
know. So, does everyone get what my point about aliens is? Aliens are not
bad thing, if done in an unusual way. In a way, Turn A has already
introduced aliens :)