Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:17:18 +0800

>Gundam needs to move out of near Earth Orbit, there's whole galaxies out
there and Gundam is very narrow minded here :) As how many times can the
same basic story be told, ya know? I don't remember who it was or if that
person is still here, but someone had this idea for a new Gundam show:
Have a colony adapted for Space travel and have it explore space, with
Mobile Suits to guard it.
  I'll add to this a bit. These Mobile Suits could be a set highly advanced
Mobile Suits and since a Gundam represents a state of the art Mobile Suit,
these guard units would naturally be Gundams. To space things up, one could
be the Feds. or what ever, one could be the Zeon's or what ever and the
third, made up of ex Feds. and ex Zeon's with MS cobbled together from spare
Zeon and Fed. MS parts. A mecha made up of Zeon and Fed parts would look
pretty cool, if done correctly. So, three colonies could take off in three
different directions to explore space, then met up, have alliances shift and
add in plot twists and if done right, this could turn out to a very neat
show. Alien encounters would be nice as a way to further explore human
drama.
Well, that's it,
Aaron

Actually, Aaron, the UC timeline has The Jupiter Fleet (Crossbone Gundam),
and then you have the Mars colonization in AC. But it's true, I think
Terraforming projects are the next step....