-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:14:34 -0800

> I have bought a CD with the symphony album of "Mobile Suit Gundam - the
> eighth MS Team". There are some (I like all of them, in reality) very nice
> musics in it but what I don't understand is what the last two songs are. I
> am wondering if they are from the film "Miller's report". Their titles are
> "Namae no nai mirai zu" (I don't know if the right translation is "Project
> without name for future" or "Project for a future without name") and the
> second (title) is "Open your eyes". The titles of the other ones are in
> latin numbers (I, II, III, IV and so on), but there are not absolutely the
> songs of opening and ending of the OAV series. So what are these two (unic)
> songs? Are they from Miller's report or have they been created for this CD
> only? If you know the answer, please tell me it.

What you have is Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team: Recorded In Plaha (1997.12.12,
King KICA-386), a "symphonc suite" composed by Kohei Tanaka and performed by
members of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra in Plaha, Czech Republic (formerly
Czechoslovakia).

The two songs, "Namae no nai Miraizu" (Nameless Future Drawing) and "Open Your
Eyes" are original "image songs" performed by Chihiro Yonekura, who also did the
OP and ED songs for both 08th MS Team and Miller's Report. Insofar as I know,
they have not appeared anywhere else.

The OP/ED for 08th MS Team are "Shine In The Midst Of The Storm" and "10 Years
After" and the OP/ED for Miller's Report are "Eternal Door" and "When Is The
Day?" (or, simply, "When?"). In addition, the second 08th MS Team OST, Report
2, featured an image song called "Together In The Future" by Chihiro Yonekura,
but I think this one was actually used in the show -- as I recall, it's the song
that Eledore wrote, heard on the radio in Episode 5.

-Z-