AzNkId714@aol.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:43:32 EST

samas_1@hotmail.com writes:

> And while I'm at it, why don't I take apart your "Why Gundam Wing Sucks"
> page. The least you could've done was put up some substantial complaints:
>

> The Gundams are nearly invincible.
>
> Except when they get damaged, that is. Right? Or when they are rendered
> helpless by holding the colonies hostage. I liked the way Lady Une and
> later Treize defeated the Gundams not by superior military force, but by
> handicapping their will to fight.
>

> OZ mobile suits are worse then Zaku Is .
>
> Says who? Considering that the Leo at least has a full set of armor, I'd
> have to disagree.
>

> Quatre's an idiot. He says hes sorry while he slaughters things.
>
> You would prefer he laugh maniacally? At least he fells remorse for having
> to kill.
>

> Wu Fei is a malchauvenist Pig.
>
> And exactly where does this affect the series? Monsha was a bit of a pig
> himself, I guess that means Gundam 0083 sucks!
>

> Noin is an airhead. (if only she had killed Wu Fei...)
>
> Ah, yes, the woman who managed to aquire, paint, and modify an entire army
> of Turus Mobile Suits for the Sanc Kingdom, under everybody's nose, and
> nobody know until they were deployed? Yep, some airhead.
>

> The Wing Gundam Self Destructed. Hiro lived. It was repaired. you cant live
> through that explosion, and you cant repair a pile of ash.
>
> Well look at the scene again. Heero was standing on the edge of the open
> cockpit of the gundam. He was literally blown out of it. Considering the
> force of the explosion, had the cockpit been closed, he would've been
> pulped
> against the forward viewscreen. And he STILL was almost killed by it. He
> survives because of three things:
>
> 1. He's tough
>
> 2. The way the Gundam's self-destruction system works(see below)
>
> 3. Act of the Script Gods. Kinda like Amuro, with only the manual in his
> lap(and still reading it, mind you), taking out two experienced Zaku II's
> his very first time out in the RX-78-2 Gundam. Or does that make MSG(FG)
> suck?
>
> As for the Gundam itself, It's how the Self-destruction system works. It
> only destroys the inner workings of the suit, leaving it a useless hunk of
> metal... or gundanium. Not, say, an uncontrolled reactor explosion. Given
> the fact that Heero technically wasn't even in the gundam at the time, his
> survival is not quite as suprising.
>

> After Death Scythe is shot several times in the head at close range, it
> isn't even scratched.
>
> If you'll notice, the claw of the Cancer isn't blown off, either. The
> pilot
> was using low-powered torpedoes, not exactly expecting to find a moving
> Gundam down there.
>
> And shouldn't this be part of your first point? Or could you not think of
> enough gripes?
>

> The gundams survive Nuclear missiles
>
> When? No nukes were ever fired at all in the *entire series*. In fact,
> [...]

one point for wing (still a million for uc) hmm... i agree w/ the wing
defense... and most of the kids are just emotional troubled (I chose not to
be imaginative with this description :P) and... during the EW oav wing zero
fell apart in the end... hmm... invincible? think not... its crazy how tough
those kids are though (it IS fictional)