Home (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:53:05 +0800

> > The kit box conains both versions of the MS, or just
> > one? I picked the lone
> > GP01 in Paris, and after someyears when i got the
> > GP0Fb I discovered that
> > the box had both versions...
> > Thanks, Gordan
> er, nope. the FAZZ just contains the parts for FAZZ.
> you'll be able to do a ZZ if you scrape for parts
> elsewhere.

But you will be able to get two versions of the Fazz...the FAZZ from ZZ and
the Sentinel Version.

> as richie puts it -- building the FAZZ is something of
> a sadomasochistic session. when you're putting it
> together, you start hoping it can do both armored and
> unarmored versions...but late into the night, you
> suddenly realize you're missing crucial parts for an
> authentic vanilla ZZ.
> i got the FAZZ. i guess i was suckered into it by the
> mighty big gun. :D the gun can actually be
> considered as a whole other kit in itself. :P
> the thing is perfectly balanced, even with the mega
> cannon. it has the poseability of a statue though.

I beg to differ. one just has to know the balancing trick with the gun (you
have to consider the gun as half of the MS, so that you will have an idea of
how to pose it) Another thing to consider is that you have to set a Point
of View. in other words, this kit would work well with a diorama that
suggests a point of view.

> there are parts that are fragile/awkward/uncooperative
> where they shouldn't be (armor mountings, the way the
> backpack is rigged, shoulder structure).

Exactly. That is BAD....

> when you're doing the legs and arms (with all those
> internal boosters and stuff crammed into them) make
> very sure the fit is 101% perfect. otherwise,
> slapping on the armor could be problematic and leave
> you with unsightly gaps. millimeters matter, where
> the accumulated thickness of the paint (of the
> internals, the externals, and then the armor) could
> screw up the fit. in retrospect, i shoulda sanded
> the parts some to thin them down before painting.

Yeah, am already starting to have problems just thinking about this...

> hasn't richie done a review of the FAZZ yet?
> the fazz was a monster, though it didn't sell well. i
> wonder how that bodes for the prospects of an MG EX-S?
> -garr

Patience, young Garrick Skywalker.