Peter Carranza (uc0088sentinel@excite.com)
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 01:04:03 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure exactly what they are (bamboo roots?) but I prefer my ramen w/o
them (and no shoga nor moyashi nor wakame). IMHO the ultimate ramen is a
hearty Tonkotsu pork-base with thinly sliced fatty pork garnish, "kata-men"
(firmer noodles), and LOTS of negi. There's a place in L.A. (Torrance)
called Hakata ramen which my Tokyo transplant buddies consider to be the
best in the US.

Pc

"a refreshing respite from the CN thread"