Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:58:52 -0500

edf91@att.net wrote:

> > Pic of the lineart is here - though I can't confirm if
> its for the MG
> > though:
> >
> > http://www.hga.com.tw/
>
> It must be a joke or something, since the linear art
> seems more like amature art work than your typical
> Bandai linear art,

Looks to me the like the same lineart shown in other source material for
the GP03:
http://mechadomain.gundam.com/gundam/0083/mecha/rx-78gp03s.htm

> not to mention that the lineart also
> contain something that look like a F-14 or a
> corefighter, something which we all know have no real
> relationship with the GP03S or even GP03D at all (there
> is no core fighter in GP03 because GP03 has linear seat
> and it made a corefighter system impossible). Unless
> Bandai came up with a really creative way of doing
> models, I would say it would be a fan's impression of
> what the MG GP03S should be...

Uh, I dunno, I think this may confirm what I've suspected for some time,
that the GP03 has a core fighter. Firstly, you'll notice the shape of the
cockpit would seem to lend itself to the nose of a core fighter
(contrasted from say the GP02, which cleary could not.) As for the
cockpit seat itself, I dont see why it couldnt simply rotate forward 90
degrees for fighter mode. Heck, it even looks like its designed to do
that.

Of course I could just be responding to some bogus picture...

     Neil Baumgardner