Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:10:14 +0800

> > I am probably gonna get them in the near future. Are
> > they easy to
> > assemble(not that it really matters,I'm gonna glue
> > and paint it)? I don't
> > really want an easy kit,but if its easy it won't
> > take as long for me to
> > finish.
> > michael
> except for the f91 and sf91, i haven't actually
> assembled my own bunch of f91 kits yet. *sheepish
> grin* i'm saving my favorite kits for later
> (including a few more gm quels and gm customs...;P)
> but i have seen them, and have, er, toyed with them
> (richie ramos' kits, hehehehe). straightforward snap
> and glue shouldn't take more than 2 to 3 hours.
> they're not really that difficult to handle, but
> they're not stuff for beginners. intermediate is
> about it.
> the problem with f91 kits are the usual flimsy skirts
> and fragile joints. other than that, they're good
> stuff. the hardygun is probably the best of the
> bunch.
> -garr

being the owner of the kits that garrick has harassed, I would also say that
they have quite a few other weaknesses, mostly on the fact that their hands
get loose quite easily, grip-wise. another problem is that their
proportions, while heroic, tend to be iffy when it comes to real-life poses.
Another problem: the plastic molding is sometimes suspicious, in the sense
that they can be unexpectedly fragile in the damnedest places.