garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:05:42 -0800 (PST)

> The prototype that appeared at Toycom's PR events
> (which most reviewers got to see, I suspect)
> contained
> more diecast parts than the commercial release.
> They
> went with more plastic parts for obvious (cost)
> reasons,
> which led to the fiasco of the version 1A recall and
> the 2nd version release. Since you were an early
> adopter, the one you got was definitely a version 1,
> which I also have and had similar problem with
> transforming it into fighter mode. Yours is
> probably
> version 1B, since the 1A would break when
> transformed
> and was recalled immediately upon release.

oui! i remember breaking a couple of things here and
there upon first transformation (an ordeal which took
me a good 20 minutes, confoundit...).

for some reason, the local shops haven't imported the
version 2 yet. hmm...gonna have to order.

> > He must have the 2nd version. Version 1, believe
it
> or
> not, actually commands a much higher price in the
> market
> now simply because it is no longer made even though
> people know it has transformation problems that were
> fixed in the 2nd version. At one point it was
> commanding
> $250 but has come down a lot these day.

i believe "clinically insane" sums up the state of
mind of anyone who'd bid that high for it. :)

$250 for a good condition original release vf-1s, i
can understand...but...for a flawed yf-19 barely one
year old?

-garr