Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:03:46 -0500

I have a question for the GML, but expect its probably
an old-timer's question.

I'm looking at the GM series eyes, and want to know if
anybody knows anything about the GM camera systems.
Here are some examples I'm looking for:

MG RGM-79 GM
MG RGM-79N GM CUSTOM
MG RGM-79Q GM QUELL

and the:

0080 RGM-79G COMMAND
0080 RGM-79GS SPACE

The 0080 eyes seem to make more sense in that they have
what looks like a camera built into the head, and it can move
left to right like the eye of a Zaku, it just has the mono-slit in
the head to protect the camera like the visor of a motocycle
helmet.

The Master Grade eyes all seem to be a strip of some kind
if I had to guess, I'd say its supposed to be like a giant CCD
the computer chips that gather light for digital cameras, this
would explain why they still keep the GM visor look, but it
also might explain the 2 eye-glows behind the visor look of
some GMs like Blue in Blue Destiny...

So do we believe that the Feds kept the 2 eyes of the Gundam
but decided the visor protected the cameras better than the
two smaller lenses of the Gundam, or that they kept one big
camera like the Zaku mono-eye technology they had to some
time to examine. Or used a big enough visor they could do
either depending on function, two mid-grade eyes for grunts
and one high-quality camera for special purpose MS like a
sniper.

I can see the 0080 style GMs being Zaku-like since they have
cooling vents right near the chin, like a Zaku and we even see
steam come out of them when the GM Snipers power up their
"night vision/targeting scope" hood-thing. Its also very easy to
believe that as far behind as the Feds were at the beginning of
the war that they would copy as much Zaku tech as possible.

Any ideas, proofs, thesis, Entertainemt Bibles, liner notes etc,
would be glady appreciated...

I'm also interested in the differences and similarities between
the GMs, and the Gundam's eyes as well as those of other MS
like the Guncannon, or Zeon MS.

Paul