Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:02:29 -0800

>A friend travelling in Hong Kong just recently
>picked up both the YF-21 & YF-19 Yamoto toys
>for me!!! and man are they SWEEEET!!!
>
>I'll try to write a quick review of them very soon.
>But just quickly they're both really well done.
>Both quit heavy, the YF19 being abit heavier.
>Pretty good detailing for a mass produced toy.
>
>The only thing that's a pain in da but is the actual
>transformation process. The first time round each
>mecha took at least 45 min to transform from the
>battlroid mode the final jet fighter mode.
>
>But none the less beautifully done when in those two
>modes (the geriwalk mode for both are kinda lame).
>The antena on the VF-21 actually broke off in my
>struggle to transform it! But was easily fix with
>some resin glue. So be careful. Besides that
>they are REALLY strudy.

At least you didn't have any problems with the YF-19.
Look at the lower left corner on the front of its box,
and see if there's an orange sticker that says "2nd
version" - it should, otherwise you have gotten an
out-of-print 1st version, which came with a design
error that wasn't fixed until the 2nd vesion came out.
There are 2 1st versions, the only difference between
them was this single piece that was either made of
plastic (1A) or diecast (1B). That piece on ver 1A
would break when you transform it, and was recalled
on the first day of release, which was replaced by the
1B.

>So if your into very "challenging" toys pick these
>babies up. Mine from Hong Kong cost just under
>$90 Canadian each.
>
>Does any one else have these babies? and care to comment?
>Oh and apparently they (Yamoto) have anounced the
>plans to maufacture the original VF-1, including
>the strike version. yaaaaaaaa!!!!

Hmm, I thought this piece of info has been kept secret, looks
like someone leaked it, or maybe Toycom made it public.
Anyway, before the VF-1's come out, they are releasing the
YF-11 next.

Eddie

>I'll try to send the link to the site were this was annouced...
>
>Marcel
>

>-

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0