Nicholas Paufler (echofox@wingzero.net)
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:30:13 -0800

Actually, Garrick, there was an interview with the Yamata people (probably
at Macrossworld) and it was kind of interesting how they designed the YF19.
They sort of misjudged the market. They expected to sell it to the model kit
builders who'd buy it, and wouldn't flinch at having to tighten/loosen
joints and do modifications. They very quickly realized this wasn't so, and
hence the much improved version 2 (and from what i'm hearing, the version 3,
with the fastpacks, should be even further improved). The first release of
the YF-21 was quite solid, evidently, but a revision is in the works to
correct any outstanding issues.
It does kinda suck to buy the first version, but at least they are
addressing the problems... just think of it as software. Nobody should buy
the first release of a program, always wait for the second and the
subsequent bugfixes =)
But ... oohh ... DYRL style VF-1's... I can't wait! Once the fastpack
equipped -19 and -21 come out, though, i'll definately plunk down the
obscene amount of money and import them. If only Whoremony Gold hadn't
stopped TOYCOM I would have had my -19 for a mere 60$cdn (a dozen or so
Alberta macross fans put together a big order from the valkyrie exchange to
get a volume discount and cheaper shipping)......

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"

----- Original Message ----- From: "garrick lee" <goner4sure@yahoo.com> To: <gundam@aeug.org> Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 10:14 PM Subject: Re: [gundam] (OT) YF-21 & YF-19 yaaaa!!!