-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:14:45 -0800

> I came upon a rather interesting image...appears to be a Mikimoto, judging
> by his stylings. I can't really identify the characters at all...one appears
> to be Jerid Mesa though, and one I thought was Christina at first, but then
> I saw what appears to be a Zeon uniform....can anybody identify who these
> people are?
>
> http://min1123.new21.net/Gundam/image/0079_27.jpg

I don't read Korean Hangul, but that wouldn't help much anyway, as [a] the
picture aren't annotated even in Korean and [b] whoever posted this picture
seems to believe that it's from First Gundam, which it obviously is not.

As it happens, I recognize this for Mikimoto Illustrations. It's from the
FamiSoft game Mobile Suit Gundam: Advanced Operations, which, like Blue Destiny,
can be viewed as a side story, this one set in the Z Gundam era (UC 0087 to
0088). Like Sentinel, it's somewhere between Z and ZZ, but a little closer to
concurrency with Z.

The two figures in the foreground and the guy gesturing in the background are
members of a team of new AEUG recruits, which is why you don't recognize them.
The two space- (or should I say "normal") suited figures may be the same two new
characters in the foreground, romping like Shiro and Aina in 08th MS Team, or a
couple of known Z Gundam characters, in which case, I'd hazard Camille and Fa as
the most likely -- I really can't tell and don't know anything about the game
other than the few notes in the aforementioned Mikimoto Illustrations book. The
blond galoot in the baclkground does indeed look like Jerid Mesa and, if so, I'd
say the magenta-haired woman immediately below him was Mauar Pharaoh -- yeah,
her hair's black in the anime, but artistic license has allowed for much more
modification than mere hari color.

The preceding paragraph is all a wild-@$$ guess on my part, of course.

-Z-