Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:42:28 -0800

GMLers please forgive me for this rude intrusion of our otherwise benign (and amusing) forums...

Last night (Jan 16, 2001) a travesty of justice occurred in the Philippine Senate. Eleven out of 21 present Senator-Judges ruled on the dismissal of what is probably the most incriminating evidence against the now embroiled President of the Philippines Joseph Estrada. After all of the prosecutions arguments and undeniable evidence, this was the last piece of evidence would have been all it took to prove the corruption of the country's chief executive. After the unfair dismissal, the Senate President himself digusted with what has just occurred, resigned from his office, a final act of decency he displayed in light of the bias and prejudice of his peers.

Last night was the preview of the much-awaited judgement on the fate of our president and ultimately our country. What transpired was a brief preview of the mockery that is to be on the final day of judgement. A mockery of all that is true and just, for it is obvious that the majority of the judges care not for the evidence nor the truth, for they have already decided to acquit this monster of a man we call our sovereign despite the overwhelming concreteness and credibility of evidence presented.

There are many Filipinos on this list, and I implore upon them to think of the repercussions of the events of last night. It is our duty as the youth, the educated, the intelligent to be concerned for these issues. As for the rest of the list, I know this is improper, so I again solicit your forgiveness for this rude interruption of our discussions.

I only pray for justice for my country, and if need be...to join in the struggle that is to come...

Thank You.

---
Abet
"Dete Unakereba, Yararenakatta no ni!"