Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:46:02 -0800

Nicholas Paufler wrote:

> Ya know, I think this bugs me more than the original proposition (i.e.
> Bandai was holding back on the Japanese language to prevent reverse
> importing).
> The fact that we'll be getting crippled DVD's because of a squabble between
> two of Bandai's divisions just pisses me off even more :/

Maybe the reason that they're squabbling is because of reverse importation. If
I were head of Bandai Entertainment, I couldn't care less about any six month
rules, as they certainly don't HELP my bottom line. In fact, anyone in R2 who
buys the R1 release in order to get early access to it actually helps Bandai
Entertainment, albeit admittedly at the expense of whichever subsidiary gets the
local release rights.