-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:09:47 -0800

> I have some quuestions about this series.
> 1.Was it an anime series in Japan?

Aura Battler Dunbine aired on Japanese TV from 5 February 1983 to 21 January
1984. It was later collected into three compilation OAVs, each of which
featured a chapter of a new Dunbine story with more "modern" animation, entitled
Caged Bird Chapter, Devil Chapter and Rebirth Chapter.

Originalyy, the story didn't have any mecha -- Tomino was forced to add them by
the sponsors. He later wrote a novelization of his original concept, entitled
Garzey's Wing, which was recently animated as an OAV.

> 4.does anybody know of any sites I can get any info about Aura Battler?

Aura Battler Dunbine
http://animeart.com/dunbine/

AnimeGuide
http://www.umr.edu/~anime/AnimeGuide/DUNBINE.html