garrick lee (goner4sure@yahoo.com)
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:07:15 -0800 (PST)

> I guess it's my turn to react to garrick. may a
> higher power bless his
> soul. if he has one, LOL!

geez...you're still seething about what we did to your
master grade nu gundam....where's your sense of humor?

*goes into hiding*

> > > and as for Isamu if he wasn't half as talented
> as he
> > > was as a pilot he
> > > probably wouldn't have been given as much slack
> as
> > > he had up to that
> > > point and would have had to straighten up and
> fly
> > > right a long time ago,
> > > as it was his behavioir is just an example of
> how
> > > spoiled a character
> > > can become...
> > yes. exactly a spoiled schmuck. i despise
> childish
> > hotshots as main characters.
>
> actually, a childish hotshot can be done correctly
> -- take a look at Amuro.
> but then, amuro grew up. Isamu is intriguing
> because he seems to be stuck
> in bachelor mode; he reminds me of a stereotyped
> teenager, except that he's
> a good pilot (of course, all rules for that go out
> the window with Gundam
> Wing, LOL!). I certainly hope that pilots with his
> kind of character are a
> small minority.

well, maybe anyone who's served in the military can
speak from experience.

all i know is from what i watch on discovery channel
(aviation programs, wings, pilots, pioneers, etc).
from what i can deduce, anyone exhibiting character
idiosyncracies even remotely close to isamu dysun's
personality will either shape up very quickly or get
killed in action (if they even get to piloting in the
first place).

the same goes for basara. :P

-garr