Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:20:20 +1100

>> basara is not as well fleshed out as either isamu,
>> myung or guld, but somehow manages to stand out on his
>> own at once -- you either love him or hate him after
>> just 4 episodes, no?
>
>to confess, all i know about him is what i got from reading the episodic
>synopsis since i can't find any Mac7 on video, in particular a scene
>descirbed from Macross 7 dynamite put me off to this character in which
>he uses his spirita powers to prevent someone from possibly doing
>vilence, that person was a police officer who was trying to apprehend
>several suspects who through Basara's actions were allowed to escape
>with a stolen VF (this is a fundamental philosophical differance, i was
>similarly frustrated and infuriated with the Character of Relena
>Dorlan/Peacecraft in gundam Wing when she started preaching "Total
>Pacifisim" even to the exclusion of common sense)

Actually, remember my earlier comment about Basara's red valkyrie and the
possibility of Char singing in an MS battle? I just had another stupid
idea... Aren't Basara's clothes the same as Heero's in Endless Waltz?
(green tank top and jeans) I've got this incredibly bad fanfic idea stuck
in my head involving a GW/Mac7 crossover with the Wing boys replacing Fire
Bomber.
Andrew Dynon

Watt-Evans' Law of Literary Creation: There is no idea so stupid or
hackneyed that a sufficiently-talented writer can't get a good story out of
it.

Feist's Corollary: There is no idea so brilliant or original that a
sufficiently-untalented writer can't screw it up.

Morrison's Corollary: There is no idea that a sufficiently-talented writer
has made into a good story that can't become annoying in the sequels.

Holliday's Corollary: There is no plot so stunningly original that a
journalist can't make it sound hackneyed.