Nicholas Paufler (echofox@wingzero.net)
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:24:51 -0800

Macross 7 is ... Macross 7. Most people either love it or hate it, with very
few people in the middle. I'm one of those ... I sat through the whole
freakin' series just so I could watch Max and Miriya flying VF-22's in the
last two episodes. In general, I didn't like it ... it really turned monster
of the week after a while, but it did have its moments. I didn't overly like
the music, but it got tolerable by the end, although I swear if I hear
Planet Dance one more time I'm going to kill someone. Basara never does
change though, so you're stuck with him. Fortunately, the relative l33tness
of Gamlin, and appearances by Max and Miriya do compensate somewhat.
If you weren't immediately turned off by the first four eps, by all means,
go through the rest. Just avoid the Dynamite 7 OVA ... it was beyond bad ...
one of the worst things I've ever seen in fact. Three words: GIANT. SPACE.
WHALES.
Personally, I hope the new Macross series (is it still called Macross 3D?)
is more in the vein of the original series and/or Plus...

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
"Hail Eris. All hail Discordia!"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Dynon" <ajdynon@students.latrobe.edu.au> To: <gundam@aeug.org>; <mektonz@mecha.com> Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: [gundam] [OT] Macross 7